Monday, August 21, 2006

Acoustic Tour of Western Scottish Isles.

Hi to all who came to my recent acoustic gigs on the Isles of Arran, Bute and the Merrick Hotel in Seamill. I have thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, both for the music and the crack. The hospitality over there is tremendous. I’m getting so much pleasure from my solo acoustic gigs, it is an experience that I would not miss for the world. And it's a real challenge for me as a player. People who are hearing me play for the first time in this environment have no idea the damage their ear drums are being spared.

I’m very much looking forward to future dates in that area and may be bringing a small band with me for the next lot of shows. This will hopefully include percussionist extraordinaire Finn McArdle. Finn is a tremendous talent and a real gentleman who has worked with Sting and Paul Weller.

Proposed dates for these return gigs are Sept 15th/16th at the McAlpine Hotel on Arran and sometime during the first 2 weeks of November for the Regents Hotel on Bute. These dates and more will be posted here as soon as they are confirmed.

Also note, that anybody interested in the planned “Guitar Workshop Weekend” should take into consideration the photographs included in this post, as they were all taken around the location for the event. It is surely one of the most beautiful spots in the country and will make a great place to get a load of people together and obsess about all things guitar related!!. Click on the images to enlarge.

And finally.....for those of you who are regular visitors to my main website you may want to keep checking back to this page from time to time, as I intend to use it as a kind of tour diary as well as for news updates, pictures, mp3s and eventually some video links.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon....Cheers

Paul

No comments: